Find out about Dyna!

My photo
I am a 28 year old Las Vegas native with a passion for eating, cooking, and food in general. I love going out to eat, trying new things from food trucks to gourmet. I always take pictures of my food! It's a strange obsession. My goal in starting a food blog is to eventually get invited to Hell's Kitchen. So please follow me, read my food ratings! Help me become a known food critic!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Macayos Vegas

Alright, sorry folks I am a day late! We went to lunch yesterday at Macayos on Charleston & Bruce. I have been here a million times, however I judged it as it was my first experience.

First off the regular salsa sucks get the chunky.
Its super yummy!

We ordered chicken wings hot as an appetizer. SO bomb. Crispy, juicy & spicy. Would order again for sure.

B got a baja burrito enchilada style and devoured it, he loves this place!




I ordered the mini sampler which had mini tacos, tostadas, tamales, taquitos, and chimichangas. All of them were very satisfying other than the tamale. It was greasy and soggy and please take me back to the mexican woman at the salon slangin' them, thanks ;)  Here is a pic
Overall, positives about this place. It's been here forever, with the same people. (and decor, lol) You have to appreciate that in Vegas. Being a native I sure do. The food is decent. Maybe not so authentic when it comes to mexican food but that is truly hard to find these days. As Chef Weiss would say, I go to Roberto's when I want mexican food. The chimichangas and mini tacos were great, and everyone else at the table loved there food. When I come back though, I won't act like a first timer and will get the chicken baja enchiladas! Trust me on that one. I would rate it 3.5 outta 5.



As for negatives there weren't any worth talking about. Except they were out of red lollipops!


Thanks for reading and stay tuned for reviews on Curbside Cafe food truck and Serendipity 3!





XO,
Dy

P.S. NEW blog design coming soon! Hopefully with a martini glass I will fill up with ratings. How full will your glass get?

No comments:

Post a Comment