Find out about Dyna!

My photo
I am a 28 year old Las Vegas native with a passion for eating, cooking, and food in general. I love going out to eat, trying new things from food trucks to gourmet. I always take pictures of my food! It's a strange obsession. My goal in starting a food blog is to eventually get invited to Hell's Kitchen. So please follow me, read my food ratings! Help me become a known food critic!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Buca Di Beppo

Buca Buca Buca, oh how I love me some Buca Di Beppo. Well most days anyway.

I would be the first person to recommend Buca over Olive Garden or a similar chain Italian places. Usually I receive excellent service, great food, and a fun environment. I have even had past birthday celebrations here with a party of 25. We had leftovers for days let me tell ya!

First off we start with an rookie server who took the obviously wealthy tourist plates away before even acknowledging us. Then couldn't seem to remember that B ordered raspberry and I ordered strawberry as only the initial drink of the day was correct. But he is super friendly, and trying hard so let's not hate him yet.

 A starter here that I would suggest all day long is the chopped antipasti salad. We get it every time. 

This has all kinds of yummy-ness. Salami and pepperoni, mixed olives, peppers, and cheeses. Great salad, maybe not so authentic Italian but I could eat this all day long.



I wanted to try something new to review since I have had so many things off of this menu.
Prosciutto stuffed mushrooms in a pesto cream sauce.
If you like pesto and mushrooms you would love this appetizer, and it comes with 6 for the record ;)

We ordered 2 entrees, A baked rigatoni with spicy sausage in a meat marinara topped with ricotta cheese.
Tasted alright, but not picture worthy, sorry. If I were to order again, (not likely) heavy sauce would be a must. 

Second, Chicken Limon. A juicy chicken breast with a citrus white wine sauce topped with capers and fresh lemon.

Now for dessert, wait. Or not.  One of my favorite things about this place is the mini gelato cones. Which they DISCONTINUED! What?? They usually had vanilla, chocolate or pistachio. That pistachio was one of the reasons I came! Who wants the HUGE sweets they offer after you just stuffed your face full of all that heavy stuff?
The mini cone was the perfect ending, major fail on that one Buca.

Well overall my food was good yes, but I wouldn't give them more than a 3 outta 5. Here is why; Drink refills are imperative. Knowing your menu is a biggie, rookie or not. Last, I have had way better experiences! MANY of them.

Thank you for reading- love to hear your feedback, comments, or suggestions.

XO,
Dy

2 comments:

  1. As an Italian, Buca to me has always represented the Ango version of Itaian food. Im not a fan of theirs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buca was so much better before Planet Hollywood bought them and changed the sauces! Buca has lost its original feel that it had before it went corporate. I doubt the GM's can cook.

    ReplyDelete